redrock micro remote follow focus

Hi everyone,

this is my first post, I'm a 1st AC from Montreal, Canada. I was looking to buy a remote follow focus when I came across the redrock micro remote focus system. My link

It looks awsome as it has great features but I can't find any review on that product. First I tought this was only for dslr but it says that it's good for cinema lenses as well. It can drive a m-one or heden motor so that leads me to think that's a good system.

As anyone tried it or knows where I can find a good review on the product?

Thanks,

Jean K.

Edited by jean Kavanagh

I've never had it in my hand but knowing redrock's other gear, I'm very skeptical it will be worth using.

I'd agree. My experience with RRM stuff has not been great.

Not to mention this has been 'in development' for quite a few years now, originally planned for Summer 2010 release, then Summer 2011... It's been through a few iterations and developments and has only just started shipping to customers who had pre-ordered.

I wouldn't be hanging my hopes on this one.

It seem sthat you guys are right, just had somes feedback from somes camera assitant here in Montreal that have tryed it and it sometimes loses the radio signal and there are quite a few bugs.

conclusion, might work well in the future but right now it's not production worthy.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave - your right. They were blaming all the other frequencies bouncing around the NAB show hall for not allowing wireless.

Hmm you think thats always an awesome selling point ... being able to be wireless around NAB! Oh well not for them.

In the long and short - Dont go near it!

I've played with it, tested it and spoken to the Red Rock guys at NAB's, Cinegears etc going back to 2009

They've been saying its coming for years are still yet to deliver! Theres good ideas there, but I almost think they're in over their head.

Its a no brainer .... Get a Bartech! Will work out far cheaper, and generally better in the long run!

• 4 weeks later...

YEs, I agree. The general motto is: stay away from red rock micro.

You really should get a digital bartech system. There are a couple people up here in vancouver who sell complete units.

Check out:

David Hable - http://www.crampedattic.com/ he sells al the stuff you would need.

or

buy directly from Jim Bartell who designed it. He's now stocking the f-stop wireless digital receiver, which is awesome http://www.bartechengineering.com/

I believe f-stop wireless was built by marc alfonso, another vancouverite. you can also buy from him directly http://plcelectronicsolutions.com/

hope that helps