What good film schools in australia?

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on what makes a good film school, but to me a good film school is one with a decent alumni in the industry. I want to learn but I also want to end up working. I'm mainly interested in directing, writing, cinematography and something that is in sydney, and since I'm not australian I can't get into AFTRS which I hear is the favorite for many but is subsidized by the government, so it got to be something else.

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on what makes a good film school, but to me a good film school is one with a decent alumni in the industry. I want to learn but I also want to end up working. I'm mainly interested in directing, writing, cinematography and something that is in sydney, and since I'm not australian I can't get into AFTRS which I hear is the favorite for many but is subsidized by the government, so it got to be something else.

The Victoria College of Art in Melbourne has a good reputation too. VCA

Sorry I'm not sure who went there recently.

Edited by jacob thomas

• 3 months later...
Sydney Film School, I graduated last year and it was worth it. It's a one-year intensive and covers every aspect of filmmaking, but cinematography definitely stands out in terms of teaching quality. Now I'm freelancing and getting into some nice gigs thanks to what I learned there. Edited by Francesco Chiari