Smoke from struck Tweenie

I picked up a old tweenie (2821) at a camera show. Struck it, it worked, so I picked it up. It's was decently beat up, but nothing too bad.

Then I took it home. I pulled the electronics from the shell and painted the body with Mole Richardson Maroon Spraypaint. I painted over the whole thing with a few layers. I let it dry for a couple of days.

Then I struck it again. After 15-20 minutes, it started smoking. From a cold start, it takes about this long to strike. I've tried twice.

Any ideas what the smoke is and where's it's coming from? All I can tell is that it's from inside the light, and nothing in particular looks like it's causing it. It's just a little dirty inside.

Could be the paint baking, could be dust burning off. If there is no sign of obvious burning inside,. Take it outside to a well ventilated area and burn it for a few hours and see if stops. Sometimes the paint needs to bake, or the dust needs to be burnt off.

If you just recently painted it, it's definitely the paint baking. Just let it run for a few hours outside until it stops smoking. Keep a fire extinguisher close just in case something goes totally wrong.

Thanks guys! Guess that's what it was.