me and my friends movie: BANANA MAN!

I've created the characters butt i can think of a plot heres the characters:

.Mr Monkey (villain)

.Chimp (henchman)

.Banana man (hero)

.Wolf women (sidekick)(me)

.Fruit Nijia (friend)

.Innocent old lady (handicapped old lady)

can you please tell me some ideas

PS I'm doing this at my house and I'm only 13 so i don't have a lot of techno stuff for me to use

PSS if you want to see the finished thing once I'm done my youtube channal in PurplePickels Thx! :D <3

.Mr Monkey (villain)

.Chimp (henchman)

.Banana man (hero)

.Fruit Nijia (friend)

PS I'm doing this at my house and I'm only 13 so i don't have a lot of techno stuff for me to use

PSS if you want to see the finished thing once I'm done my youtube channal in PurplePickels Thx! :D <3

As a fellow young filmmaker, I would first off like to wish you the best of luck! I am an absolutely terrible screenwriter but here are a few basic tips I learned from Writer/Director Dave DeBoarde:

Regarding Characters:

Make sure each character has an External Need, an Internal Emotional Need, an external obstacle that's blocking the external need and an internal obstacle that's blocking their internal need. For the villan, in addition, make sure that they have a rationale for doing whatever it is they do.

As for the story:

Try and follow the 3 act structure when you're just starting out. The way the 3 act structure breaks down is in the first act (which is usually 20% of a film), the characters are introduced, the setting is established (time/place), the main character is established and the conflict is established (main goal and then obstacle blocking the goal). In the beginning of act 2 the catalyst, or the thing that get's the plot going, happens. Towards the middle of the film is the turning point and at the end of act 2 is the "all is lost" point. Act 2 usual ends up taking up 60% of a script. In act 3, there is a showdown between the main character and their obstacle, which then leads to a climax. After the climax, is the resolution, where the character's external and internal conflict is resolved. Act 3 usual takes 20% of a film.

As for Cinematography tips, which is more my department, I highly suggest allocating someone to be a designated Director of Photography, meaning they handle the camera and lighting. This will take weight off your shoulders and allows you as a director to focus more on performances of the actors, rather than worrying about camera and lighting. Secondly, try and light your film. Choosing to not use lights is a big mistake and although lighting seems intimating, it always leads to a better end product. If you don't have the budget for movie lights, simply placing a lamp at a strategic place in the scene can give good light to your actors. Also doing things like using work lights, from home depot, shot through a layer of silk or bouncing lights off walls, can help to raise the general light level where you are shooting.

Once again, I wish you the best of luck with your film! I'm 14 years old right now, and I've fallen in love with this industry and I'm sure you'll feel the same way. Also, to reiterate some advice that David Mullen, ASC gave to me on this forum

"At this point, just keep shooting, for yourself, for your friends, for anyone."

Now is the time to experiment and try things and shoot as much as you can, so have fun with it!

~ Blake

.Mr Monkey (villain)

.Chimp (henchman)

.Banana man (hero)

.Fruit Nijia (friend)

Well, I would start with what you know. You're 13 so I would write something that would appeal to your age group. Why not have Banana Man be a young teenage superhero wanna be who still live at home and has to deal with homework and curfew. He is constantly being picked on and has no confidence until he see Wolf Woman (I'd change it to Wolf Girl) confronting a group of boys Mr. Monkey and is minions) and fighting back (She's called Wolf Girl because he main defense is biting people bigger than her.) Maybe Mr. Monkey is the school bully who is very athletic gymnast, can climb ropes and swing from the rafters when necessary. Chimp is his short, fat, weaselly side kick who gasps for breathe when he tries to run away. Fruit Ninja is a short thin Japanese boy who hopelessly inept but good hearted outsider desperately trying to be noticed as every one seems to ignore him. His only saving grace is he cab hurl fruit with deadly accuracy and uses this talent to save Banana Man and Wolf Woman (Girl) from getting into a fight. The Innocent Old Lady lives near Banana Man. She is an old widowed woman that is in he 80s. All the kids think she is a witch but Banana Man get's to know her and finds out she is a nice little old lady who is very lonely. They become friends. Mr. Monkey takes on a special dislike for the old lady and decides to make her life miserable. He vandalizes her house and breaks in to rob her. It is up to Banana Man and Wolf Woman to save the day and make sure Mr. Monkey and Chimp are brought to justice.I wouldn't worry too much about the techno gear, it would be much more fun and interesting to have "techno gear" that was made from things a 13 year old would be able to build from materials they would have access too. Hey maybe the Fruit Ninja could be the one who is able to built these crazy yet imaginative non lethal devices which proves even though he is not strong or particularly courageous, he can still help to fight evil and champion what's right. :ph34r:

Another thing, why is Banana Man called Banana Man?....MAYBE because he like to wear yellow which makes him a target for Mr. Monkey which is where the whole superhero grows from. After being beat up and picked on, he decides to own the thing that made him a target and makes his costume yellow, when he gets scared he goes bananas and screams "Bananas!!"as he attacks. Keep your characters rooted firmly in reality them push that reality right to the edge. Remember comedy is just tragedy pushed to the extreme. Give each character their own individual personality (base them on people you know to make it simpler)and put them in logical realistic situations them push the envelope of reality. Writing is rewriting so don't worry too much about it not being perfect as Spielberg once said, "Thank God for the fifth draft!" Define your characters. What is their history? What are the relationships between them? What are their core values, strengths and weaknesses? What effects them and how? Give them problems then let them deal with the problems honestly within the context of their personalities. Remember people are complex so in order to make your characters interesting let all the aspects of who they are show through both good and bad. No one is all hero or all villain. It makes your characters more interesting and more relatable to the audience. Unless you get your audience to care about your characters, you won't get them involved in the story and you'll loose them. They will take the ride no matter how far you push if they care about the characters.

• Premium Member

[/size][/color]

We are not worthy!

Surely must have been 1982, though.

Sorry Phil, typing error, the Pilot was shot in November 1982, the next 12 in 1983. I actually earned more money in GBP in 1983 than I heve ever earnt since! Having 12 films sitting around to shoot at my conveniance, the first week day I did not work was in September! I worked most weekends for Panorama graphics dept., never been so busy since!