Sanctuary

413182_10151115135175126_906223512_o.jpg

Hi

I am in the final stage of a project I have been working on for a while and am currently looking for feedback. Both quoteable and unquoteable.

Black & white. Shot on R1 M. Graded in color.

Dark, hopefully somewhat humourous and still about subjects I do care about.

Here's one initial response:

"Sanctuary was perfect. Dark woods full of swinging cocks, gorgeous blond waif, breathless anticipation of pleasure/danger and a narration given in a "once upon a time" fairy tale voice with a mischievous lilt and spot on nuance. You can feel the smile curling upward. Loved all of it."

Here's the link:

Password is

sanctuary

I'll leave it open for 24 hours.

If you have any smart distribution ideas, I'd appreachiate it, as I am currently totally broke... :)

It does contain nudity and is probably 18+ in a few countries.

Cheers!

Gunleik

This isn't about the cinematography, yes? You're looking for some responses to this as a film.

It's very ugly, and I'm struggling to find the film maker's point of view. Is there a strong element in modern fringe film making where these type themes must be coupled with humor in order to be in play at all? Where is the compassion? Where is the connection with basic humanity?

If you were a woman who was trying to metabolize her rape or sex slave kidnap experience I would say, ok, well done, a worthy fail. But I'm struggling to see your point of view as (I mean with you being) a man.

The images are very hard edged. The only relief for me was the potential for eroticism, but I found none. Is this a movie for those that find this erotic, confused with the potential for comment on the ugly and the erotic?

The only relief for me was at 8:03 where the little girl walked towards the house. Finally, a universe with texture where I was set free, and I could feel some compassion for the little girl.

Cheers,

Gregg

This isn't about the cinematography, yes? You're looking for some responses to this as a film.

It's very ugly, and I'm struggling to find the film maker's point of view. Is there a strong element in modern fringe film making where these type themes must be coupled with humor in order to be in play at all? Where is the compassion? Where is the connection with basic humanity?

If you were a woman who was trying to metabolize her rape or sex slave kidnap experience I would say, ok, well done, a worthy fail. But I'm struggling to see your point of view as (I mean with you being) a man.

The images are very hard edged. The only relief for me was the potential for eroticism, but I found none. Is this a movie for those that find this erotic, confused with the potential for comment on the ugly and the erotic?

The only relief for me was at 8:03 where the little girl walked towards the house. Finally, a universe with texture where I was set free, and I could feel some compassion for the little girl.

Cheers,

Gregg

Thanks!

That was refreshing.

I won't discuss your comments, but just add that the story comes from a woman, and the film is co-directed by a woman. Actually... 'cept for me, there's women in this project in all major roles.

That said.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to see and comment.

really (no sarcasm. It was good to get this response) appreachiate it!

Cheers!

G