Sekonic 758D vs 758 Cine

Orlin S

• Premium Member

I was actually kidding. You don't need a 10 year old version of the same meter you have now. My point was that you could just use the meter's basic functions and avoid most of these issues.

But hey, if you'd still rather have my old L-508 non-cine meter, then I'll take that rage-enducing L-758C off your hands...

• Upvote 1

• Premium Member

Haha, don't be so sure. You don't know how frustrating the 758 really is! I do only use the most basic functions, and it still manages to get on my nerves every time :p

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Sorry Mark, didn't see your answer till now!

I haven't used it myself but I have a friend who owns it and it looks great, I have played with it a couple of times!

The most interesting feature is that it is easy to understand and use! :D

For example, I own the Spectra because it sees in the dark, however, when I take a reading in a dark place, the lcd doesn't light up, that's something that the Kenko's lcd screen does.. every single time that you take a reading you will see the lcd screen even if you are in a cave!

Also, I find easier to read the t-stops in a vertical way rather than in a horizontal one that most of the lightmeters have under the reading.

Have a good day!

@Satsuki I tried a 508 couple of years ago in a used camera shop in Budapest.

I was surprised of the build quality, robustness and all. And AA battery.

After trying to "turn on" the readings in the spotmeter viewfinder i remembered - it didn't have any!

What a shame... It was a good meter... and good price.

I have an eye on the Kenko KFM-2100 (re-branded Minolta VI) and i know of the 2200.
The illuminated LCD seems tempting. What puts me slightly off is the different analogue scale.

On the 2100 it is from 1, 1.4, 2, 2.8, etc
On the 2200 is from 1.4, 2.8, 5.6,... and the inbetweens being -3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2, +3 for EV difference scale.

Best

Igor