Kodachrome 40 home developed and scanned HD

Niall Conroy

just in case you super-8 heads didn't catch my post in the 'film stocks and processing' sub-forum - i've successfully developed the Kodachrome 40 stock with the caffenol home process technique ((which when developed turns the film (or rather any film) into a negative)). I then DIY telecined the footage and colour corrected it.

still a work in progress - will need to invest in a proper developing tank, but the potential seems promising!

screenshotwmn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

just in case you super-8 heads didn't catch my post in the 'film stocks and processing' sub-forum - i've successfully developed the Kodachrome 40 stock with the caffenol home process technique ((which when developed turns the film (or rather any film) into a negative)). I then DIY telecined the footage and colour corrected it.

still a work in progress - will need to invest in a proper developing tank, but the potential seems promising!

screenshotwmn.jpg

...second that.

I am interested in your caffenol formula as well as your DIY telecine setup. I have lots of out dated kodachrome - I wonder if it would still be usable with this process?

Thanks,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...