Against The Wild

• Premium Member

And now for some music!

That's great! Just out of curiously I downloaded the YouTube video (just getting some practice for when your movie actually gets released :rolleyes: ) so I could play it full screen on a 55" TV. It looks amazing even on a big screen like that.

(Don't worry, naturally I immediately re-formatted the flash drive and ground it to fine powder afterwards...)

Can't beat the Alexa for the sun-on-the-river bits. Well, film would I suppose....

And I suppose when you do full-budget features, the entire orchestra is formally dressed, not just the conductor...

That cave looks so damn real!

WOW! That is cool! I've never been on a cave like that. Pretty amazing!

The crew kept insisting there was no such thing as a cave in Ontario big enough to hold the entire crew plus gear. I said yes indeed there is! This was the last day of shooting, boy were they surprised. Funny thing is, super easy parking at this site as well. All the vehicles can pull right up to it. They even did a news article:

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2012/10/26/hollywood-comes-to-peninsula

R,

And I suppose when you do full-budget features, the entire orchestra is formally dressed, not just the conductor...

That cave looks so damn real!

Nope only the conductor dressed up for the part as you can see from the video. A film recording session is of course much different from a live show. The orchestra stops and starts, stops and starts, there is no rehearsal they just show up and play. If a mistake is made the conductor does another "take" until they get it right. They quite often do pick ups in the middle of long pieces and they are perfectly edited together by the sound engineers.

Plus passes are done where only a part of the orchestra plays so that the engineers have it separate for mixing. Also this is the part where the conductor tries to get the timing of the music to hit right on the picture changes. You see the conductor's monitor with video playback and VTC on his lower right.

So if you're there as an "audience" member it's a very annoying process. :rolleyes:

R,

The crew kept insisting there was no such thing as a cave in Ontario big enough to hold the entire crew plus gear. I said yes indeed there is! This was the last day of shooting, boy were they surprised. Funny thing is, super easy parking at this site as well. All the vehicles can pull right up to it. They even did a news article:

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2012/10/26/hollywood-comes-to-peninsula

R,

That's amazing. Drive right up to the entrance, unbelievable. If it was in El Paso, it'd be covered in graffiti and there'd be trash everywhere. We have Carlsbad Caverns not too far from here. I've go t go see that at some point.

As for this last post, could it be your conductor wore a tux because he know your video would reach millions? :D

As for this last post, could it be your conductor wore a tux because he know your video would reach millions? :D

Ha, well he may in fact come out of this better than I do. One of my actors certainly is already. More on that down the road.

R,

• 2 weeks later...

Thank-you David. You forgot to post your review for the forum brothers. I need to get on Stephen Williams as well. :D

R,

Yes, all hail the mighty Alexa. Its ability to hold light and dark in the same shot, and keep the detail in the light spots is very impressive.

R,

• Premium Member

Yes, all hail the mighty Alexa. Its ability to hold light and dark in the same shot, and keep the detail in the light spots is very impressive.

R,

As is its ability to kick sand in the face of certain famous and supposedly much higher-specced alternatives.

I mean whaddya expect, when you pitch Teutonic excellence against Mid-life Crisis....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So many people in this industry say, "there's no market for family films." Nonsense. Here's a POP display I shot at a Target store here in Ontario today. Oddly there is no POP display that says, "sex and violence" movies. :wacko:

R,

post-4653-0-04076000-1382847392_thumb.jpg