Nikon D800

Phil Rhodes

• Premium Member

I have a Nikon D800 and an Atomos Ninja 2 HDMI recorder on test for an upcoming article. If there's anything about this combo that particularly interests you, let me know and I'll ensure it's well tested.

Immediate out of the box impressions are that it's got pretty small rolling shutter wobble.

• Premium Member

I have a Nikon D800 and an Atomos Ninja 2 HDMI recorder on test for an upcoming article. If there's anything about this combo that particularly interests you, let me know and I'll ensure it's well tested.

Immediate out of the box impressions are that it's got pretty small rolling shutter wobble.

I'd be most interested to know how the auxiliary RGB sensor works out in practice. I gather that the D800 is able to use that to accurately sub-sample the scene's colour, and use that information to "tweak" the main Chip's De-Bayer processing to match. Or have I got it wrong?

None of the descriptions I have found seem very clear on this, which I suspect indicates that none of the writers really understands what it means!

If you still have it could you take a peek at the Ninja's internal audio? Does it beat the Nikon offering?

All the new monitoring options in the Ninja 2 would be worth looking at too.

Still want to test my handbag camera with an outboard recorder! :)

love

Freya

• 3 weeks later...