Lighting in Bus interior

sandeep sony

i m going shoot a sequence in Bus interiors .....with red mysterium x

i wanna shoot in Ambient light ... According to Script ...i need to switch off lights in the bus ..... here in need suggestions ....i am thinking to shoot the whole scenes with same Ambient light .. later wanna do in post that light off sequence ...change the mood of scene in to dark ..

in the same scene .... short circuit has to happen to switch board ...i wanna see those highlight sparks on people who are sitting in bus ...

Plz let let me know any betterments ........

Thank you

Assuming that the scene is set at night, the ambient light will be coming from outside the bus, so the source and the effect of the shadows thrown by the bus itself into the interior will be different to those of the interior lights. The colour temperature may also be different. I'd use two different lighting set ups, one for the ambient light outside and one for the interior then do a lighting change when the lights go out.

Doing it in post will look fake, since the source of the lighting won't have changed, just dimmed. Either that or you'll need to do a lot of work creating the illusion.

Regarding the electrical short effect, on a short film we used an electrical welding arc to create a to create a flash lighting effect. It worked pretty well, just ensure no one directly looks at the arc and someone qualified is operating the arc welder.

• Upvote 1

thnks for reply... sir Brain Drysdale .......again .....one more i have another plan if it workout or not ..... the people who are sitting in bus near window ...i have a plan ..i wanna fix multi's and par cans .... on the tpo of bus ...like hald of the light falls on character faces ..... so ....i can get natural street light passing ...effect ..in side i can use blue gels to change inside color temp ....

According to script ... i need to switch off and switch on the lights in a scene .....for that i am planning to shoot ....ambient light wt ever lights are there in bus ..i wanna add same color temperature light to get good exposure....

Again..... to illuminate the out side passing vechile lights comes in to bus interiors like a hilights ..i wanna take a trolly to keep the light and rotate(with man power) ..according to us .. ...i hope its work out ..let me know which light is prefarable for trolly to get punch (out side vechicles)..

Let me know u r suggestions

• Upvote 1

thnks for reply... sir Brain Drysdale .......again .....one more i have another plan if it workout or not ..... the people who are sitting in bus near window ...i have a plan ..i wanna fix multi's and par cans .... on the top of bus ...like half of the light falls on character faces ..... All these lights connect to electronic dimmer packs(DMX board) and make a chaseing program ....so ....i can get natural street light passing ...effect ..in side i can use blue gels to change inside color temp ....

According to script ... i need to switch off and switch on the lights in a scene .....for that i am planning to shoot ....ambient light wt ever lights are there in bus ..i wanna add same color temperature light to get good exposure....so that i can switch off and switch on in bus through same battery ...

Again..... to illuminate the out side passing vechile lights comes in to bus interiors like a hilights ..i wanna take a trolly to keep the light and rotate(with man power) ..according to us .. ...i hope its work out ..let me know which light is prefarable for trolly to get punch (out side vechicles front lights)..

Let me know u r suggestions

I'd suggest throwing light in from the outside of the bus. Perhaps a 2k flood to mimic outside conditions? On the inside perhaps a couple of well placed, diffused 150watters behind the seats to provide a ambient light with an untraceable source.

super ....this idea also good

Given your space limitations, hiding small lights within the bus may be the way to go. Much depends on the resources you have available and the nature of the shots that are planned. Bear in mind that window glass can reflect your lights, so this can involve making adjustments to hide these reflections. Having the external light will give a base line, although you can also use external lights to give the impression of other vehicles headlights.

• Upvote 1

Given your space limitations, hiding small lights within the bus may be the way to go. Much depends on the resources you have available and the nature of the shots that are planned. Bear in mind that window glass can reflect your lights, so this can involve making adjustments to hide these reflections. Having the external light will give a base line, although you can also use external lights to give the impression of other vehicles headlights.

plz check ur personel meesenger