Go Direct to Kodak

Hi All,

I know most of you already know this, but when you want motion picture film, go direct to Kodak. If you have a business, register with them, get your 10% discount plus additional 2% if you use credit card rather than PO. Rolls of Super 8 negative stock only cost me $15 and 100ft camera spool 16mm only $34! Compare that to $20 and $47 respectively at B&H. Not that I don't love B&H, but this is a no-brainer!

Also note that 100D (8,16 and 35) is officially on "backorder" for delivery in February. So, it seems as though they are making at least one more run to fill the demand. Despite the announcement, it might not be dead just yet. My sales rep said I could order on backorder and the order should be filled by end of month.

Dave

Also note that 100D (8,16 and 35) is officially on "backorder" for delivery in February. So, it seems as though they are making at least one more run to fill the demand. Despite the announcement, it might not be dead just yet. My sales rep said I could order on backorder and the order should be filled by end of month.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I think we can assume only that Kodak have more 100d to 'finish', rather than that they are actually making more. Their initial announcement stated that they had enough for 3 months at the usual rate of sales. Given the 'just in time' model of production companies like Kodak a likely to use, it makes sense that while their supply of finished stock was sold quickly, there is still more to finish.

richard

I just ordered a bunch of 16mm film from Kodak directly. My local Kodak sales rep is in the contacts list on my phone. Ordering from them direct really is the best way to gaurantee fresh stock.

I wonder if Dwaynes Photo will make 'death of Ektachrome' t-shirts like they did for Kodachrome? :unsure:

So... my Kodak order came in... sans Super 8 50D. I didn't realize they were going to send me the 16mm an 500T super 8 I ordered and leave the 50D on back order for me. Oh well... still waiting. Not like the weather is nice enough here in New England to be out and about shooting outside anyhow.

• Premium Member

Just FYI, buying from Kodak is a great idea because you know how the film has been treated, but there are plenty of reputable dealers that give larger discounts (sometimes very significant) and even accept returns without restocking fees.

Richard Kaufman is on this board and he has helped me with some Kodak 400' 16mm at a very good discount. This was brand new, factory fresh film.

Hi All,

I know most of you already know this, but when you want motion picture film, go direct to Kodak. If you have a business, register with them, get your 10% discount plus additional 2% if you use credit card rather than PO. Rolls of Super 8 negative stock only cost me $15 and 100ft camera spool 16mm only $34! Compare that to $20 and $47 respectively at B&H. Not that I don't love B&H, but this is a no-brainer!

Dave

thank you for the tip, i never knew that you could go directly to kodak without a resellers lisc.