War Witch

I would never live anywhere in Canada other than Montreal (the rest is just a shitty immitation of the U.S.).

Sure it is and no problem on my part regarding your first point. Stay where you are if you can't appreciate a Capital city with a canal running through the middle of it, a massive Greenbelt and many more recreational areas as well as a few hundred kilometers of bike paths. When I visit a US city with these features it'll be a first.

I think Anthony is praising Montreal and Quebec in general, and implying that the rest of Canada (English Canada) is a "sh*tty imitation of the US". He's on your side :)

R,

Sure it is and no problem on my part regarding your first point. Stay where you are if you can't appreciate a Capital city with a canal running through the middle of it, a massive Greenbelt and many more recreational areas as well as a few hundred kilometers of bike paths. When I visit a US city with these features it'll be a first.

Have you ever BEEN to Santa Monica???!!!! The whole damn LA basin is one giant bike path with skate parks every 10 feet just for variety! Be sides, Canadian BIKE PATHS?? Really? You guys guys have like 11 and a half months of winter. You can go biking exactly 2 weeks a year before torrents of snow and blowing sleet BURY your freakin' Schwinn up to the handlebars! Are you kidding me, it's so cold, you squeeze the horn's bulb and it shatters in your hand! I'm surprised they don't make a bell that goes FFFFFRRRREEEEZZZIINNNNGGG when you ring it. They probably tried it but your thumbs stuck to the lever!

Edited by James Steven Beverly

I think some of the language politics in Quebec are vile, I also understand the history that spawned them. Either way, there is no denying, whether or not Quebec receives more funding, they have a better track record in artistic film making than the rest of Canada combined (I'm referencing films rich with content and artistic value).

Anyway, soon I'll be in Germany, or maybe London, depending on theatre work (waiting for Phil to jump in and say how horrible London is).

Have you ever BEEN to Santa Monica???!!!! The whole damn LA basin is one giant bike path with skate parks every 10 feet just for variety! Be sides, Canadian BIKE PATHS?? Really? You guys guys have like 11 and a half months of winter. You can go biking exactly 2 weeks a year before torrents of snow and blowing sleet BURY your freakin' Schwinn up to the handlebars! Are you kidding me, it's so cold, you squeeze the horn's bulb and it shatters in your hand! I'm surprised they don't make a bell that goes FFFFFRRRREEEEZZZIINNNNGGG when you ring it. They probably tried it but your thumbs stuck to the lever!

LOL. B+ for effort.

I think some of the language politics in Quebec are vile, I also understand the history that spawned them. Either way, there is no denying, whether or not Quebec receives more funding, they have a better track record in artistic film making than the rest of Canada combined (I'm referencing films rich with content and artistic value).

I do agree with you here and it's too bad that English Canada doesn't value arts funding the way Quebec does. Giving tax money to "dirty artists" rather than industry goes against our WASPy Anglo origins. Pip! Pip!

Where I live, there's a drive-in on the Quebec side with two screens. One playing Hollywood movies in English the other a mix of Hollywood and Quebec movies in French. A movie made in Quebec on the French double bill is a fairly common occurance and the cars aren't pulling out when it's on. On the English side, maybe an Atom Egoyan movie will play for a couple of weeks at the local 24 screen multi-plex. More likely it'll play the art house theatre for 4-6 days.

On the English side, maybe an Atom Egoyan movie will play for a couple of weeks at the local 24 screen multi-plex. More likely it'll play the art house theatre for 4-6 days.

Oh geez don't even get me started. James is already plotting my death for what happened to his thread.

We would need a separate, "Atom Egoyan" thread, perhaps in off topic or the director's corner?

R,