Stedicam move out the way...new kid in town.

Pretty damn impressed with this. Seems a lot smaller and intuitive than current methods of stabilisation.

This could potentially change the market completely, especially at this price point. I see new really imaginative cinema in the near future if this takes off. You can use this as a stedicam rig, a slider or dolly, even put it on something like a jib without having to spend all extra money for all the various other bits and pieces. Worrying for stedicam operators though?

http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/?p=8312

What's everyones thoughts?

Imagine the MöVi or a similar device on a shot of this kind (starting 1:45 min):

Soy Cuba is from 1964 but still a classic with extraordinary shots.The camera was handheld and passed from one operator to another or connected to the cablecam trollies ascending from street level, through the building and at the other side again on a cablecam and above the street. Thogether there were two flights with a cablecam system and the system was connected with a magnet to the trollies for fast coupling. I would use carabiners for higher saftey and together with my cablecam I can imagine to get something like this done. The stabilized third axis would also help on the cablecam to point the camera correctly and beeing stabilized like in the MöVi video.

Here is some additional information about the movie: http://www.rogerdeakins.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=850

I also develop a brushless gimbal of this kind so I might be a little overexcited about it...

www.andreaskielb.de

Edited by Andreas Kielb