New Super 8 Home Scanner

Anthony Schilling

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that many here see super 8 only to be digitalized and then viewed on a tv , mobile phone or computer screen. Personnaly I only use projectors...

TV, mobile phone, computer screen, digital projection, etc - all of these are just delivery channels, each with their own particular problems with respect to film.

But I don't see any evidence that anyone rules out, implicitly or explicitly, that very special delivery channel we otherwise call film projection.

Indeed it is the very specific qualities of film projection that can be understood as motivating improvements with respect to the other delivery channels.

C

• 1 month later...

I'm waiting for the 16mm version. I'm ok with scanning some projects on my own at lower resolutions. It's not like you can't have them re-scanned by a lab at a later date at a higher resolution if needed. :)

I'm all excited at the possibility of shooting on film for those timed pro-digital film competitions I use for practice and slamming my film down at turn in time having shot it on film. <insert diabolical laugh here>

Ok so that's not the only reason I want it but that would be great anyway. :)

Edited by T Sanders

• Premium Member

I transferred a ton of Super 8 footage many years ago with a company that put all of it onto one GIANT reel; like 12" or more wide. Both Regular 8 and Super 8 on one reel I think. Guess I would have to spin that off to 400' reels for the Retro 8.