Case/Box for practical bulbs

Hi all,

So I tried searching the forums and I couldnt find anything so I apologize if this has been covered.

Over the years I have collected quite a few bulbs. Be those flos, BCA's, incandecents ect. I was wondering if there was a product or trick for storing/transporting all these fragile orbs to and from set. At the moment they are stew through set bags in tattered original packaging or just tossed in a cardboard box...

Thanks

Christopher

I found a plastic storage bin at Target with identical stacking "layers". I can't seem to find a photo online, but I'd bet any big box store with a housewares section would have something similar.

The tabs that locked the layers together didn't hold very well, so I stuck on some adhesive velcro. I also made dividers out of corrugated plastic. This way, I can separate photofloods, CFL, candela bulbs, party bulbs, etc.

It looks pretty nice, and didn't cost much.

• 2 weeks later...

Milkcrates. People have been using them for years. You can easily build dividers with wood or some other materiel. Mine are wood that I coated with polyurethane because sooner or later it will get left out in the rain on a job and the wood would be ruined... But I can be anal. I did this for all or my set cart milkcrates: Bulbs, a set kit, electrical adapters, zip cord, tools, various electrical connectors and adapters.

The crappy plastic boxes you can get from Home Depot tend to be just that ... crap. Where often they are weak and break easily. Some plastics get fragile in the cold and break even easier.

Kino type boxes are made of a much more resilient type of plastic and can work well. Some big box stores use similiar type boxes for shipping supplies to and from their stores.