How can I make a TL Buizen flicker?

I try to reply in english because it's an international forum
it is a simple neon or a wood light?

depends on type of flicking you need, let me explain: the neon is on and you need a little flick like loss of power like 2 times in the shot or it's a continous flick?
Continuos flick can be done with quick realese on/off buttons: the ones you click one time they turn on and click the second time the same button and shut off light. You connect it to the neon and start clicking like a crazy using the first two flicker that the neon fisically do durig turning on.
those type of button are fasterthan normal ones in restriking
If you need random flick in different times try to do the same but i don't know the restrike with those clicks it's enough fast.
let me know more if i can help you more

hard times for my english
so only for you

mi è capitato di far lampeggiare tutta una fila di neon in un ospedale....ho usato degli interruttori rapidi a click singolo quelli che accendono con un click e con il secondo spengono, essendo più veloci e usando i due piccoli lampeggi che spesso fanno i neon durante l'accensione, cliccando come un matto riuscivo a replicare continuamente i primi due lampeggi standard dell'accensione per il tempo che volevo, il risultato fu ottimo ma non so se è quello che cerchi tu, e non sono sicuro che stiamo parlando di neon e non di wood. Puoi provare anche a usarlo per fare dei piccoli spegnimenti e riaccensioni veloci ma non so quanto può essere l'effetto che cerchi.

In tutti i casi io sono Leonardo ho 32 anni sono di roma faccio il gaffer da una decina di anni, non sono ancora scappato dall'italia ma non si sà mai,
Se vuoi fammi sapere qualcosa in più se posso ti aiuto volentieri
Grazie a presto

Grazie Leonardo,

si tratta di un neon, in pratica, non una Wood's (nell'immagine allegata il tubo e' viola per caso) e l'effetto che mi serve e' il classico neon difettoso (con lo starter rotto) che lampeggia cercando di accendersi.

Potrei provare con gli interruttori come mi consigli tu ma non so se puo' andar bene per l'audio...

Ache io sono di Roma ma vivo ad Amsterdam da un anno e poco piu': altra vita!

Grazie ancora e in bocca al lupo!

There is an easy and cheap way to make a fluorescent light flicker, if that's what you want. Just dim it with a regular dimmer! At 100%, it won't flicker, but it will start flickering as soon as you lower the voltage. OK, I know it may not be a recommended practice, as it will destroy your tubes quickly. But it works, and the good thing is you can adjust the amount of flicker you want. Just make sure to get some spare tubes!

Edited by Guillaume Cottin

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I try to reply in english because it's an international forum

it is a simple neon or a wood light?

depends on type of flicking you need, let me explain: the neon is on and you need a little flick like loss of power like 2 times in the shot or it's a continous flick?

Continuos flick can be done with quick realese on/off buttons: the ones you click one time they turn on and click the second time the same button and shut off light. You connect it to the neon and start clicking like a crazy using the first two flicker that the neon fisically do durig turning on.

those type of button are fasterthan normal ones in restriking

If you need random flick in different times try to do the same but i don't know the restrike with those clicks it's enough fast.

let me know more if i can help you more

hard times for my english

so only for you

mi è capitato di far lampeggiare tutta una fila di neon in un ospedale....ho usato degli interruttori rapidi a click singolo quelli che accendono con un click e con il secondo spengono, essendo più veloci e usando i due piccoli lampeggi che spesso fanno i neon durante l'accensione, cliccando come un matto riuscivo a replicare continuamente i primi due lampeggi standard dell'accensione per il tempo che volevo, il risultato fu ottimo ma non so se è quello che cerchi tu, e non sono sicuro che stiamo parlando di neon e non di wood. Puoi provare anche a usarlo per fare dei piccoli spegnimenti e riaccensioni veloci ma non so quanto può essere l'effetto che cerchi.

In tutti i casi io sono Leonardo ho 32 anni sono di roma faccio il gaffer da una decina di anni, non sono ancora scappato dall'italia ma non si sà mai,

Se vuoi fammi sapere qualcosa in più se posso ti aiuto volentieri

Grazie a presto

i think neon and wood light is simple and attractive. i think all expert want to see this type of light which confiogured by solari. so i am not bad enough to research. but i need some to submit my theory about this. i think it will be helpful to you. so be connect with me.

• 1 month later...