Ground Glass for Arri3 super

Daniel Miler

Hello all,

I am looking for an Arri3 super35 Ground Glass with 1.85 markings.

I have recently been in contact with Visual Products who don't have them, and Shurcotools who manufacture them in the US, but they could not guarantee me shipment on time (Im leaving for a shoot in Africa at the end of the month and I cannot buy it unless I can get it before this time).

In any case - anybody who manufactures/ sells these ground glasses, preferably in Europe?

Thanks!

• Premium Member

thanks Will, I always Try that also. though super 35 for the Arri3 is more hard to come by...

Buying a whole camera just for the ground glass? Wow, times have changed. I would have thought a S35 Arri 3 would still be worth something, certainly more than the cost of a new ground glass.

I'd try contacting some old established rental houses that may be willing to sell off spare S35 ground glasses for a 35-3, or even rent you one.

The rental house I work for could possibly sell you one if you can't find anything closer, though from memory most of ours have 2.35 markings.

Well, I thought Will meant Arri3 GG on Ebay would cost cheaper than a new one, not a whole camera...

35mm caemras are getting cheaper all the time on Ebay, but they are defenitly nowhere near the price of a new ground glass... Yet...

And Dom, if your company has spare ground glasses to sell that would be great, please contact me if they do,

A combo of 2.35 and 1.85 would be perfect!

Edited by Daniel Miler

• Premium Member

Buying a whole camera just for the ground glass? Wow, times have changed. I would have thought a S35 Arri 3 would still be worth something, certainly more than the cost of a new ground glass.

A slight exaggeration on my part, but with Arri's prices, it wouldn't surprise me to hear a ground glass from them costing $1000 and I've seen Arri III's for $1500. Scary what the market is doing now. But never a better time to shoot 35mm.

• 1 month later...