WANTED: ARRI 416

Tsvetelina Tomova

Hello,

I am desperately trying to find a second hand ARRI 416 for sale, preferably in UK, for a short documentary.

I have been in contact with several rental houses, but haven't yet managed to find any who are willing to sell one.

The only place selling one so far is AimImage, but unfortunately there's a gap between our budget and what they are asking for.

Is there an owner out there, who wants to sell one?

Any advice on where to look for one/who to contact etc. will be more than appreciated.

Thank you.

Your Newest Member

Tsvetelina

Why do you need a 416? The SR3, the SR2, the Aatons, ect all will provide the same image, generally given the same film and lens combination.

Or... I'm in the UK and expecting to be selling an Eclair NPR shortly, which is the camera that is cheapest to convert to Super16. You could easily get it converted to Super16, have a PL mount added and have it serviced.

The NPR is a sync camera that is Waaaaay cheaper than the 416 but if you were set on the 416 you might be best searching for an SR2 or SR3 which are the cameras that immediately preceded the 416 from Arri.

I think the 416 will command a premium because it is still the current 16mm camera at rental houses.

Freya

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 416 package for sale here in the U.S. at the rental house I work for, Rule Boston Camera.

Let me know if you are interested. It's not perfect, and thus affordable.

- Adam

adam@rule.com

Hi, Is this still available?