Looking for company who makes Motion Picture Perfs on Still Stock

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a company that can make motion picture perfs on a still stock that I am using to shoot a motion picture film as well as add a key code. I a shooting on a stock that is made for a still camera and the company cuts us rolls of 400 feet. However there is no key code and the perfs are slightly different causing instability.

So far I have found one company called Wittner-kinotechnik who provide such a service but there turnaround time is 4 months. I am looking for a company with a shorter turn around time.

Thank You,

Adiva Koenigsberg

• Premium Member

I thought some Arri and Aaton cameras could burn-in code (ARRICODE / AATONCODE... basically time code but would work for negative cutting I assume, or a D.I. conform)? Are you buying unperforated stock? Otherwise how can you put new perfs on a stock that already has them?

A big difference between Aatoncode and Arricode is that only Aatoncode carries man-readable timecode numbers in addition to the bar codes. In a pinch the man-readable numbers might be used by a negative cutter but they are not really designed for this.