Iron Man 3

It was the b-roll:

Shane Black was the one really using it though. That's the 15-40 or the 28-76, I can't tell them apart.

Don't people usually use compact zooms to fill in for a number of primes? In which case the only Leica Summilux focal length that would be used is the 100mm. But I'm probably wrong.

• Premium Member

Don't people usually use compact zooms to fill in for a number of primes? In which case the only Leica Summilux focal length that would be used is the 100mm. But I'm probably wrong.

people use zooms when they don't want to change lenses all the time, for example with steadicam and crane shots; when doing dolly moves (you can fine-tune framing without moving the camera and/or track) , when shooting quick pick-up shots (B-camera, second unit, etc.)

You can use zooms to fill in for a number of primes, but you can't substitute primes with zooms, you really want to carry both

An A/C friend working on this film told me the Fuji Premier 18-85 T2 was used frequently along with the Leica primes and short Optimos.

Neal Norton

There are some slo-mo shots in the film, would he happen to know what camera was used for that?