Roger Deakins Forum

joshua gallegos

The Roger Deakins forum was hacked yesterday, I visited the site regularly, almost everyday, and i must say I was learning a great deal about cinematography. It's really horrible that someone would completely destroy a place where Roger and David take the time to help people. Will the site ever be back up again? Or has it been destroyed? Who in their right mind do such a thing to a cinematography website? It makes no sense!

• Premium Member

I seem to recall that this is the second time it's been down. Roger had it taken down for a number of months once before, a couple of years ago, partly just because he was too busy to deal with it right away, but in the first case, it was due to some crazy poster who was arguing with Roger over something weird, like about fluid heads! I can't remember. I don't think the site was hacked the first time, it was due to some nasty threats or something that required investigation. I may be misremembering it.

I'm sure the site can be fixed, these attacks happen on other sites.

There seems to be no shortage of insanity in the world and sleazy idiots that have to destroy something just because they can. I suppose they're such losers that the only thing they can do is wreak a site for everyone anonymously because they,re cowardly weasels with a LOT of twisted personal issues .I have NO respect for cowardly, destructive, scumbag hackers. What is it with people?! Very annoying. Hopefully, they'll get his site back up relatively soon.