Aspiring Camera Assistant Looking for Advice/Leads for Work

Hello Everyone,

My name is Alex Mitchell and I am an aspiring camera-assistant hoping to hit the ground running after I graduate from my film school (FSU Film) in December. I've spent over 3,000 hours on set working both ATL and BTL jobs on professional and film school sets. I chose to specialize in camera-assisting because it combines my best qualities into one job: a deep passion and knowledge of cameras and lenses, appreciation for capturing beautiful moments (in focus!), and endurance. I read the blogs on this site and I love all the knowledge you all share, and I was hoping if you could share with me some of your knowledge.

I plan on moving out to L.A around January 2014 after I graduate and start working as a freelance camera assistant. I already have some connections through my film school but I would like to work someplace where I can connect with other professionals too. I would like to land an internship/job working at Panavision or any other camera rental house. I know they don't just hand out those jobs, but I'm determined to get one.

If you have any type of advice for someone like me please let me know. I have a couple of months before I move out there, so I am just gathering information that will help me down the road. My resume is on my website if you'd like to check it out and I'll attach it onto this thread too for your convenience. Thank you for you time and I look forward to your responses.

alexmitchellfilm.wix.com/apictureisworth

Film Resume.pdf

Edited by AlexMitchell