cosmetic filters

I was recently given some samples of lee cosmetic filters to try out.

I'm thinking of testing them in a bar scene; so that a beautiful girl sitting at the bar stands out from the people around her.

Can anyone advise me on what tests to do with the filters and what colours to try for different effects?

Thanks,

Oh no, I'm not talking about camera filters.

I've played with vasaline in front of the lens, fog filters and stockings etc. in the past and you're right, alot of the time it just looks OTT.

I should clarify; what i'm wondering about is a range of Lee 'cosmetic' LIGHTING filters:- Gels, I think it might be a relatively new range. They look like normal diffusion gels with a colour in them (cosmetic peach, cosmetic emerald, cosmetic aqua blue, etc.) but they don't really throw a colour cast over what they are lighting.

I imagine (I'm guessing) that they exentuate colours already in skin tones and make up, but I don't really know, so that's why I'm asking if anyone here has used them or how I might go about testing them. I'm espesially curious about the ones they call 'highlight' and 'silver moss'.

I'd be gratefull if anyone has any knowledge or experience they could share with me,

Thanks,