sony f55 -20

stephan wagner

hello...

i gonna shoot a small commercial in sweden in december...

more a documentary style ...

i can use the sony f55 - from the asa perspective it´s a great idea cause its dark outside...

do you have experience with this camera at this temreture? what kind of small lighting could work? only battery is possible...led 1x1 panels? do they work...

of cause i have to work around somthing to heat up the batteries...ideas are welcome...

thank you so far..

stephan

100lux (a) gmail

Hi Stephan,

I work in Norway, 1x1's work well in the cold but as you say the batteries can be an issue, both on the camera and on the lights. For lights I tend to hire in 12v blocks that come in a Pelicase. They give you a bit more juice than V-locks and you can slip heating pads inside the case. Camera batteries you should keep in your inside pockets, you can run an umbilical from the battery to the camera but thats a pain for mobility as you are then attached to the camera. Alternatively a polar bear case from Portabrace can work, I haven't tried it on the F55 though, keeps the batteries warm so they last for longer. Forget L95's etc, use larger 190's and plenty of them.

Good luck,

James