SR3 magazine hard to wind.

James Ballard

Hey folks,

Slightly urgent issue here. I've just loaded an SR3 magazine and when I close the first door the film advance wheel (not sure what it's called) is very hard to wind. The other two I loaded spooled the film out quite easily. Should there be a lot of stick when winding the film out?

Cheers for the help.

• Premium Member

Hi James,

it should be easy to wind the film through.

Try again in case you've somehow fed the film in wrong, sprocket teeth not mating with perfs, otherwise it's possible the feed sprocket has a film chip or something clogging the channel. Make sure the feed spindle lock is flipped down and not rubbing on the door.

The drive gear should turn freely with no film loaded, if it's stiff without film there could be a problem with the belt.

• Upvote 1

• Premium Member

James,

It could be that the film telescoped a little while loading and is rubbing against the door as it tries to spin.

Otherwise, cut the film before the outgoing slot and see if it spins easily (all in your changing bag or darkroom of course). If it doesn't want to turn when not threaded then time for service. If that spins freely then try re-threading and see how that does. It should spin freely and easily like your previous two.

• Upvote 1