Today's Office

Tim Tyler

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Yesterday's office actually. Everyone gathered around my monitor for some reason - big stedicam walk and talk.

First time with the new SmallHD 1703, and I quite like it. Very easy to use.

post-68372-0-50682800-1493819231_thumb.jpg

post-68372-0-98372200-1493819242_thumb.jpg

• Premium Member

Finally got to shoot with the Moviecam and Arri 3C side-by-side today! Thanks to DP Tim Erickson for having me operate A Camera, and to B Camera operator Ben Casias for the photos. You guys are the best :)

post-5721-0-02546400-1494232472_thumb.jpg

post-5721-0-06840700-1494232502_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

First time as a DOP shooting on a camera car with a stabilised head.. I have been super worried for the last couple of weeks because of today.

Maybe I wasn't going to be able to operate the head, maybe the choice of lenses wasn't the right one, maybe, maybe, maybe.. and then, it just happened and I couldn't get out of the camera car in 12 hours because I was having so much fun!

In fact, I only took the photo below!! now I regret not taking more haha but I was so busy!

It is better than being a 2nd AC and enjoying the view while the camera car is riding because you actually get to tell people where to put the arm and what to do!!! AWESOME experience! I can't wait to shoot another camera car thingy! :D

IMG_4482.jpg

Have a good day!

• Premium Member

It is for McDonalds and the intention is creating some sort of "spy cam".

The part that we shot with the camera car is going to be 15 / 20 seconds of the 1 minute piece :)

Still worried about how the piece is going to look like but sure I'll post it when it is finished! :D

More tomorrow! :D

• Premium Member

There are loads of them within a hundred miles of you Phil!!! :D Scotland has a company that creates really good camera cars and other camera buggies, etc ;)

Have a good day!

• Premium Member

Second day of the commercial:

IMG_4505.jpg

Your usual super high scaffolding to shoot on.

And the usual 6 meters by 6 meters frames.

As we were shooting outside the flat, I had to use 1 6x6 with black solid to cut a reflection on a window and a 2 4x4 to cut another reflection on a different window for another camera.

IMG_4502.JPG.jpeg

Have a good day!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

And I thought my el-cheapo homebuilt frames were bad because they bend and flex if you put the fills in them too tight!

One day, I'll get to shoot Alexa 65. And on that day, the devil will be ice-skating to work.

hell_freezes_over.png

P

• Premium Member

Phil, any 6 meters by 6 meters frame will bend at some stage :D :D

And the Alexa 65 is interesting but because of the data management is not the right tool for a lot of productions, hopefully that will change in a couple of years when Arri releases its "consumer" medium format camera as in one that anybody can buy and the media is something that you can download on your own laptop / computer rather than having a Codex Vault.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

I'm rather a long way from home at the moment, scouting locations in the Czech Republic for a feature we'll be shooting later in the year.

I don't know what all this white stuff is, but it's making it a little hard to picture how things will look in the summer!

T4thbFs.jpg

0Z1ta2F.jpg

m3jg4Yb.jpg

DGkMZ33.jpg

u9SgrX3.jpg

4PR6A5g.jpg