Against The Wild

Ok folks March 11th across North America, I know you all can't wait to buy this for the kids! :)

This is new cover art for North America. The distributor is flying the plane now, this is their work, I think they did a nice job.

R,

post-4653-0-93919900-1388786897_thumb.jpg

It will be out across the UK, but not on March 11th, they have a later release date which I don't know as of now. You have Tesco in Ireland I presume?

R,

• Premium Member

Don't laugh I actually have a degree in Graphic Design! Admittedly when it was called commercial art and "Copy and Paste" meant exactly that! Trajan wasn't popular then as I remember but I really didn't see the significant use of this font in film posters until now!

I guess It's a zeitgeist thing! "Trajan" Must be good cause everyone uses it?

Thanks for that Phil one more piece of useless information to store:-)

• Premium Member

Ok folks March 11th across North America, I know you all can't wait to buy this for the kids! :)

This is new cover art for North America. The distributor is flying the plane now, this is their work, I think they did a nice job.

R,

Do you ever have those weird moments where you look at the spelling of a perfectly common word, and you're sure it's spelled wrong? I had to type "Against" into MS Word to be sure. Perhaps it's a combination of the unfamiliar font and the small capitals instead of lower case.

Will it be available in "Oceania" anytime soon? (Market-speak for Australia, NZ and South East Asia, Which is kinda weird, since I'm not sure what Australia, NZ, and the rest of Southe-East Asia have in common!)

• Premium Member

Wow! By some strange oversight, my current install of Windows doesn't include Trajan among the 78,000 fonts it comes with. Is it available for download somewhere?

I liked the reference to Comic Sans. Longtime RED fans may remember that the original RED one Software build used Comic Sans for the menu screen, much to the outrage of "professional" users! I remember reading somewhere though, that Comic Sans is actually sometimes for scientific publications because it clearly distinguishes certain characters that other fonts don't (such as capital "i" and lower case "L"

Do you ever have those weird moments where you look at the spelling of a perfectly common word, and you're sure it's spelled wrong? I had to type "Against" into MS Word to be sure. Perhaps it's a combination of the unfamiliar font and the small capitals instead of lower case.

Will it be available in "Oceania" anytime soon? (Market-speak for Australia, NZ and South East Asia, Which is kinda weird, since I'm not sure what Australia, NZ, and the rest of Southe-East Asia have in common!)

Isn't it spelled with an "e" on the end in Australia?

R,

• Premium Member

Well I'll be damned; you can download the Trajan Font from here:

http://fontzone.net

Not quite as fancy as the one on Richard's poster, but not bad.

I suppose the copyright must have expired about 2,000 years ago :rolleyes:

They must literally have just about 70,000 fonts available, all for free!

I suppose it's rather clever; to download each one you have to enter a Capcha, and then you get the download link surrounded by a new lot of ads.

So they can prove to the advertiser that each ad download was visible to a real person...

I've already downloaded about 30 fonts; it's hard to tear yourself away.

Who design all these fonts????

Ahh, because you are not in Canada or the USA and they have geo blocked it for territories they don't control. Keith should be able to see it in AU.

R,

• Premium Member

New trailer out:

Keith do weigh in with your ever present opinion :)

R,

What do you want me to say? It looks fantastic in 720p, so it should look even better in full HD.

I may have to do a digital download and edit out the instances of adults kissing and excessive usage of the "J" word before I can show it to my family, but other than that your trailer is so excellent I may not even need to see the movie!

Look, to keep her 93 year old mother entertained, my wife rents every new DVD that comes out, and I have never seen such a pathetic collection of absolute drivel that is a direct result of the "Democratization of Cinema". I really can't believe yours could be anywhere near as bad as that collection of shite, and they managed to get them released.

Making a "family movie" is a very bold move in the current climate, but you could do surprisingly well out of it.

Will there be a Chinese release; that's where the money is these days B)

Trailer looks great! I really liked the bit where the smoke starts to appear in the cockpit which got the message across in a subtle way which is nice to see,

especially on a "Family film".

It's a massive improvement on earlier trailers, except the pack-shot at the end of the trailer is really nasty and looks cheap, as do the intertitles but it's too late

by the time you get to the end because the trailer makes such a good impression.

It also managed to make me laugh when the guy says "they are with the right dog!"

Overall you did a GREAT job on this trailer.

Freya

• Premium Member

The distributor is flying the plane now, this is their work, I think they did a nice job.

R,

Quite right too; that other fool made a complete hash of it.

But then again, if he hadn't crashed the plane, I guess the movie would have been pretty boring.

<Nodding vigorously> No, no, it's prob'ly all for the best.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Visiting my brother in Sussex, talking about film...

"Took kids to a film called Against the Wild last week, bloody good, it's now their favorite film, they like it even better than Ice Age"

(Nephew is 5, niece is 8)

;)

He took them to see it in a theatre in the UK??????????

R,

• 3 months later...