Can anyone identify this 70mm apparatus?

Nicholas Kovats

The seller has identified this as a video device. However, a 70mm sprocket is clearly visible in the foreground. Can anyone identify it's purpose? Rostrum animation camera head? i.e.

tiny url: http://tinyurl.com/q962tco

original url:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOROX-CORPORATION-MODEL-SDD-CAMERA-SYSTEM/350964642723?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D19839%26meid%3D4158858519234142668%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D8934%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D331093386533%26

Cheers!

• 8 years later...

Forox SD camera, used for slide duplication and multi-image animation. The camera has a mechanical pin registration that fixes the film position with precision to allow for mounting in pin registered slide mounts. This allows the camera operator to align objects such as text and masks. The base has a CMYK light source similar to a high end color enlarger, and the film magazine holds up to 100 feet of 35mm film. The camera can also be used for copy stand work with the attached lights. This is the smaller camera: it's big brother is the Forox SS which holds up to 400 feet of film and has more features.

• 6 months later...
  • Premium Member

If you never saw one of those well-made, multimedia, 60 slide projector, video, arena-sized, "mega shows" in person, you missed a remarkable spectacle.

These stands were the king of producing these type shows.

I know it sounds cheesy and primitive, but if the show was put together properly;  wow.  Just wow...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frank Wylie said:

If you never saw one of those well-made, multimedia, 60 slide projector, video, arena-sized, "mega shows" in person, you missed a remarkable spectacle.

These stands were the king of producing these type shows.

I know it sounds cheesy and primitive, but if the show was put together properly;  wow.  Just wow...

I did see one of these shows and it was indeed spectacular. At least I think I did, except my memory is that it was more theater sized than arena sized.

Having said that, I can't right now really remember anything about it except that it was probably in Houston Tx  in the 80's and I went to see the show specifically because it was promoted as a spectacle.

Not much of a reply, but thanks for bringing back a memory.