De Flicker plugin for FCP

Stuart Brereton

• Premium Member

Super coarse free solution

If you can run VirtualDub either on a windows machine or under a virtual machine, there is a reasonable deflicker filter here:

http://neuron2.net/deflick/flick.html

Demo

The material will need to be an AVI to go into VirtualDub - there are ways to avoid it but if it's short just spit it out as an AVI.

P

I managed to fix it myself. It was 60hz flicker from an overhead fluorescent, which I thought I had dealt with by going to 1/30 shutter (this was a dSLR shoot). The flicker vanished on my 7" monitor , but was very evident watching dailies.

Looking at it frame by frame, it seemed to just be alternate frames of light and dark, so I laid an identical clip over the top of it in FCP, offset by one frame, and then changed layer composite mode to Darken. This solved the problem completely.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Upvote 1

• Premium Member

I have acres of FS700 footage shot at 100fps under 50Hz light which simply needed every other frame dropping. And you get two choices as to how bright you want the light to look!

What monitor was it? It shouldn't hide that sort of thing.

I have acres of FS700 footage shot at 100fps under 50Hz light which simply needed every other frame dropping. And you get two choices as to how bright you want the light to look!

What monitor was it? It shouldn't hide that sort of thing.

er, shouldn't 100fps be safe under 50Hz or were you dealing with some very nasty lighting?

Freya