Against The Wild: Walmart Promotion.

• Premium Member

I blame it all on Digital Cameras.

Once you start getting involved with those things, you start to behave in an increasingly erratic and bizarre manner.

It's really frightening to watch.

People wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice start hallucinating that they actually understand things that they really know f*ck all about. (Or Aboot if you live closer to the North Pole).

And more bizarrely, they start to frequent forums and even set up their own so they can attract hordes of like-minded clueless twats in an orgy of truly heart-wrenching desperation as they attempt to validate their entirely hallucinatory body of knowledge.

They'll start to talk loftily of "RAW" and "lossless" compression algorithms when it's abundantly clear that their understanding of even the basics of DCT equations, Wavelet theory, entropy rounding and Huffman Coding are little more than grade-school level, junior high at best! Even the basics of ATSC and DVT-B transmission seem beyond them, outrageous as that may sound. As for the theory of operation of EPROM cells and flash memory, well ... no it's too depressing to discuss on a family forum like this one.

Bayer Reconstruction? (sob!) I can't talk Ladies and Gentlemen....

Eventually they start to get into endless arguments with people who they continually deride as know-nothing non-entities with an IQ lower than the average Wal-Mart shelf stacker, making one wonder why it is so desperately important to win an argument with someone, who according to them, is a complete F*cktard anyway.

Somewhere in early 2015 a certain milestone is going to be passed, and then I'm going to point you all to a post I made here several years ago, and then you're all going to wonder exactly who or what the hell you're dealing with :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I want to hereby name Richard, Phil, and Keith as the "Commonwealth of Crass." :D just j/k

Nonetheless, Richard, I would like to take the opportunity to tell you that you are a fine example of what can happen when filmmakers persist at their craft, don't give up, and don't allow naysayers to dampen their goals. I have always admired you for that. You inspire me to try to do the same things.

I second that I would like to know what Keith does. Although his verbal assaults on JJ are always amusing and brighten my day a little.

And Phil...I sympathize with him because we are both contrarians most of the time.

• Premium Member

I second that I would like to know what Keith does. Although his verbal assaults on JJ are always amusing and brighten my day a little.

My day job is no secret:

http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=61719&do=findComment&comment=399958

Outside my normal working hours I also act as a freelance consultant.

If you go back through this forum you'll find an enormous amount of solid technical information I've posted over the last decade or so.

Do you really think I wrote all that stuff just for the benefit of the bulk of the wannabe-savant chuckleheads who post here...?

Air Canada, Montreal to London, Saturday morning. Distinct lack of Against the Wild, despite a Canadian section in the onboard EPG!

attachicon.gifIMAG1908.jpg

What is your point Phil?

R,

• Premium Member

Air Canada, Montreal to London, Saturday morning. Distinct lack of Against the Wild, despite a Canadian section in the onboard EPG!

attachicon.gifIMAG1908.jpg

There are no reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, and only one on IMDB, that appears to have come via a pre-release copy.

I could have sworn there were two on IMDB, but one seems to have vanished....?

Meanwhile no sign of any release date in Australia.

I'm sure it will be on the distributors to do list at some stage. Oh wait never mind, the movie has a plane crash in it, and usually airlines will not buy movies with plane crashes in them. So the theory goes.

R,

There are no reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, and only one on IMDB, that appears to have come via a pre-release copy.

I could have sworn there were two on IMDB, but one seems to have vanished....?

Meanwhile no sign of any release date in Australia.

Didn't look very hard did you Keith? (Google search pulled up in 2 mins) Here is the info on the release in Australia:

http://www.anchorbayent.com.au/Detail.aspx?ID=STZ1911

The one review on IMDB by a "movie watcher" states that he/she saw the movie at the film festival in Rhode Island.

There are 8 "critic" reviews attached to IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2475846/externalreviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt

R,

Off topic but does anyone else here think that Richard looks like Canada's equivalent to Tim Robbins? Ever heard that one, Richard? (I'm sure you have.)

Very funny you should mention this...I have actually been stopped and asked if I was Tim Robbins. I went into a restaurant once and someone very loudly said, "Look it's that guy from Shawshank Redemption." It's bizarre. But he is one of the finest actors out there so I should not be upset about it. Personally I don't see the resemblance as much as other people do.

R,

Now the top shelf of the Best Sellers section. And look who is up there with me...the first feature from Ruairi Robinson who used to post here a lot, called Last Days On Mars. Just more evidence that 99% of this business is persistence.

post-4653-0-72039600-1398200624_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tim, .02 ends up in my pocket from those views, thanks!

Don't forget to leave your review on Amazon :)

R,