How did this one pass me by!!! Just out in cinemas today is a new Sci-Fi movie from none other than Terry Gilliam:

Apparently shot on what was a very low budget for Terry Gilliam and in a bit of a rush but they apparently still shot on 35mm film in spite of the fact there appears to be a lot of green screen in the movie.

Here's what Terry had to say about how the production went:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Terry-Gilliam-reveals-nightmare-filming-of-Zero-Theorem/tabid/418/articleID/335921/Default.aspx

I'm a bit surprised by this as I had heard nothing about the movie being in production at all and it is out right now!

Freya

Hey, that news link above, TV3 is one of the broadcast chanels here in NZ (foreign owned). That felt weird, modern, that someone in London might find their news about Gilliam from a broadcaster in NZ.

I felt sad that someone like Gilliam had to work to a 36 day schedule on a project like that. Maybe he should have shot it himself on an Arri-2 with unfamous actors. Maybe Christophe Waltz already gave his time and couldn't donate any more. Maybe he could have just flagged his next big job and given time to Gilliam. One great project can change the intrinsic value of a life. And Inglorious B's can't be that surely.

Hey Freya,

No more clips. You'll spoil the show.

Sorry!

Apparently, accodring to reviews, the movie is no good anyway, because it doesn't even reach the level of Brazil and the characters act wierd in it.

Bother, I guess that means I'll have to watch that future classic "Spider Man Vs Electro Bloke" instead.

I hear it has great explosions!

Freya

Edited by Freya Black