4x4 skirted toplights or similar

Hello lighting people

I'm looking to light a stage for an extended shoot and I want to pepper the set with a fair number of cost effective soft boxes that I can control to create daylight or moonlight fairly quickly.

A couple years ago I did a shoot in Montreal where they had these marvelous 4k (4x1000w) 4x4 soft lights - like mini-coops. The gaffer gelled two globes 3/4 CTB for me and left the other two tungsten so we could switch between the two easily.

Does a similar light exist in the states? I feel like I only really see coops and space-lights here - neither of which seem quite as convenient.

Thanks.

In NY it is common to rig sets with 4x4 bay lights but they can be any size really. 1x1 up to 8x8. All have duvatyne skirts. But the bigger they get they are more unwieldily. They are usually rigged with a few circuits and a few medium mogul base porcelain cleats. Many gaffers in NY have a bunch of them or more can easily be made.

Sometimes I wonder if it is a leftover industry standard in NY from the Gordon Willis' work in the Godfather. A few times I worked in LA on a stage, there did not seem to be any bay lights rigged.

But I guess it depends on the job.

Best

Tim