The Departed - Interior Lense filter and lighting

One of my favorite films is The Departed, aside from the great story and cinematography, the lighting is amazing.

My favorite shots are in the State Trooper offices of Martin Sheen and Alec Baldwin's offices and conference rooms.

Has anyone here worked on this particular set or know if they used lens filters, filters on the windows or increase the lighting to match the exterior, so you can clearly see the buildings across the street?

I attached screenshots for reference.

Thanks!!

post-64327-0-08036500-1397844244_thumb.jpg

I was thinking that but wasn't too sure, since I don't know the Boston area and I know that in Breaking Bad, the DEA offices were filmed on an empty floor downtown Albuquerque. So I was wondering if they did film on location or in a sound stage.

Thanks for the clarification Mr. David Mullen!!

I didn't work on the shoot, other on this forum might have, but being a native Bostonian I can tell you that the cityscape shot behind Martin Sheen and Mark Wahlberg is accurate. There are many government buildings around that area of town. The building behind Mark head (the brick one) is where the former Senator Kerry had his offices. I do think David is correct though.

Thanks for all your replies, I greatly appreciate it!! Judging the office scene, the rim light of Martin and Mark hits them from a different direction then the sun casting down on the buildings. Thanks again!!