Story of a highway robber - Trailer of my movie 'Nedunchalai'

the movie is set in the period 1980's. its about a highway robber who robs from the moving trucks.

80% of the movie was shot in the night on highways extensively. it was a challenge to light the

scenario involved with moving trucks. shot with Red MX and post done on Baselight.

Check it out and share ur opinions.

thanks

Rajavel

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I like your camera movement. I must ask though...why the fascination lately (not just you) with flat and desaturated colors? Most of what I see these days is gritty and almost colorless or really flat and lifeless color schemes. Is there a reason? Or is it just a trend.

I like your camera movement. I must ask though...why the fascination lately (not just you) with flat and desaturated colors? Most of what I see these days is gritty and almost colorless or really flat and lifeless color schemes. Is there a reason? Or is it just a trend.

Thanks Mathew ! very valid doubt u got there. but...interestingly i had a innate reason for creating this look, which was born out of the script.

the script always demanded the look of the film for me. the story being set in 1980's....with a highway robber leading the story demanded this look. the film has three time periods...for which the present time narration is all colorfull and the flashback within the 1980 story leads to 1960's which took on a reddish white tint! andd i wud hav jumped this desat theme just for the songs which comes inbetween the story....creating a relief in the audience minds out of the desat look! wish u cud watch the film and give me more of ur heartfelt feedback! thanks once again.

It's wonderful work.

Can or do you work in the US?

Where can I see this film?

Thanks a lot Lucien! am glad u like the work. Well...that will be an offer i cant resist! it will be fab to shoot with you and create a great film..wherever !

will send the link of the film to you. cheers !

Nice one... Great colors and composition.

What set of lens did you use? Did you shoot HDRx?

cheers

L

Thanks Leonardo ! much appreciate ur feedback. i had used UltraPrime lens on Red MX/Epic. and i hadnt used HDRx for these shots.

Much of the 60's look was shot with red net before the lens with flares. the 80's look was mostly generated in post grading on Baselight.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Gorgeous stuff Rajavel! That Temple/Candles shot above is spectacular - is it a real location?

Thanks a lot Mark ! am glad u feel so! yes Mark its a real location...a temple tank in Kerala!

we arranged a few hundred oil lamps on the steps of the temple tank to get this form...for a song sequence in that movie.

the challenge was to take the shot in a minute or so before the wind current blows them away !

u can check out the song in this link ....

thanks for ur generous words !