Pioneering Fabric Mounted LED Lighting Systems by RagLite Technology

D. Cotter

Electricity is really just organized lighting.” states RagLite Engineer Sin Cohen. RagLite Technology has kicked off their Kickstarter campaign and is introducing a pioneering fabric mounted LED lighting system – TheRagLite.

The RagLite line is a flexible line of LED studio lights that can be rolled up, RagLite Technology states that the RagLite is the first-ever flexible LED Light Bank. The RagLite was developed by Chad Soderholm and engineered by Sin Cohen.

Read more at:

http://www.motionpicturelightingandgrip.com/news/pioneering-fabric-mounted-led-lighting-systems-raglite-technology/

yep, easy to build and prone to failure as those ribbons aren't terribly robust for multiple flexes. It's a good idea that needs quite a bit more development - I've built plenty of them, and they work great for a while, till the solder lifts or the LED's fall off.

• Sustaining Member

They're going to have the same robustness problems that starcloths have, but I don't see the problem beyond that.

I have made quite good use of those sticky LED strips just stuck to bits of plastic, so it seems like a reasonable idea to me.

P