How important is motivated light?

jeclark is my name, perhaps not formated with spaces.

Hey J.E. Clark, Jec Lark, Jecl Ark....etc, quick side bar please.

What's the name on your bith certificate, what do your friends call you, when you meet your bank manager what do you introduce youself as? Probably one of those might seem like a legitimate name on the forum. I don't know for how long, but people have been hiding semi anonymously behind nicknames or "user names" on forums on the internet. I (expletive) loath that. One or two forums do the opposite, require your real name. This forum is one of those oases of common sense that require it.

All in the persuit of reasonableness, logic, common sense.

PS. Like your little photo under your name. Is this also a reference to anonymity?

Hey J.E. Clark, Jec Lark, Jecl Ark....etc, quick side bar please.

What's the name on your bith certificate, what do your friends call you, when you meet your bank manager what do you introduce youself as? Probably one of those might seem like a legitimate name on the forum. I don't know for how long, but people have been hiding semi anonymously behind nicknames or "user names" on forums on the internet. I (expletive) loath that. One or two forums do the opposite, require your real name. This forum is one of those oases of common sense that require it.

All in the persuit of reasonableness, logic, common sense.

PS. Like your little photo under your name. Is this also a reference to anonymity?

As I've said previously, if the site owner/management has an alternative that encodes my name, retains uniqueness, I'm ok with that.

But if the point of 'real names' is to avoid spamage, or other internet evils... then who are:

Tak Ada Yang Abadi

and

Odhazar Jhadeya

With attendent images that look like real people.

Whose poker spam postings are still up despite having a -2 and a -1 vote respective, since the site does not seem to have a 'report to admin/spam' option.

And while we are at it which of the 4 or 5 Gregg MacPhersons (actually google decided to rename you 'Greg', rather than 'Gregg' and list out a number of entries which presumably are not you... unless of course you are a canadian/australian singer who has taken up lawyering in Portland Oregon, and slightly altered your name for this site...

On the other hand a google search for 'jeclark2006' yields a number of references, often on the topic of filmmaking and allied activites, and further, actually yields my day job postings in completely different universes, and further even gives two images one a more 'real' image, and the one I've been using as an avatar for years... the latter being the only portrait my wife has made of me in 35 years... but I digress...

Edited by jeclark2006

Like a number of industry forums, this site operates on a real name basis. It's very possible that some users may or may not disguise themselves under non western type names, but that's no reason for you to use a handle. Sites like REDuser, DVinfo and CML are also real name sites, if you enter into a community, you should accept the rules of that group.

• Upvote 1

• Premium Member

As I've said previously, if the site owner/management has an alternative that encodes my name, retains uniqueness, I'm ok with that.

But if the point of 'real names' is to avoid spamage, or other internet evils... then who are:

Tak Ada Yang Abadi

and

Odhazar Jhadeya

With attendent images that look like real people.

Whose poker spam postings are still up despite having a -2 and a -1 vote respective, since the site does not seem to have a 'report to admin/spam' option.

And while we are at it which of the 4 or 5 Gregg MacPhersons (actually google decided to rename you 'Greg', rather than 'Gregg' and list out a number of entries which presumably are not you... unless of course you are a canadian/australian singer who has taken up lawyering in Portland Oregon, and slightly altered your name for this site...

On the other hand a google search for 'jeclark2006' yields a number of references, often on the topic of filmmaking and allied activites, and further, actually yields my day job postings in completely different universes, and further even gives two images one a more 'real' image, and the one I've been using as an avatar for years... the latter being the only portrait my wife has made of me in 35 years... but I digress...

That's all well and good, but you act as if this is something that's up for debate, which it's not. It's a forum rule. Very simple.

• Upvote 2

....if the site owner/management has an alternative that encodes my name, retains uniqueness, I'm ok with that.

....And while we are at it which of the 4 or 5 Gregg MacPhersons (actually google decided to rename you 'Greg', rather than 'Gregg' and list out a number of entries which presumably are not you... unless of course you are a canadian/australian singer who has taken up lawyering in Portland Oregon, and slightly altered your name for this site...

On the other hand a google search for 'jeclark2006' yields a number of references, often on the topic of filmmaking and allied activites, and further, actually yields my day job postings in completely different universes...

My guess is that uniqueness is only required within the forum. You'd rather have uniqueness within planet earth or the internet user population? Why? Is jeclark2006 a valuable brand you've built, we're supposed to google that...?

Google worked ok with my name. On my birth certificate it says Greggory, but everybody has called me Gregg my whole life, even the bank manager. The alternate spelling that Google offers is just Google wondering if the search entry was misspelt, but I'm guessing you already know that.

I didn't google jeclark2006 yet.