Day rate on average for cineflex elite aerial?

• Site Sponsor

I do!

That said it really depends on the market you are working in, where you rent it, if you are using Codex mags for Arriraw or SXS cards for ProRes and what helicopter and mount you intend to use. You really can't just rent a Cineflex like you would rent a camera the supplier will want to know who if flying and what aircraft etc.

• Site Sponsor

There are a few things to consider....

The Cineflex has two possible lenses, the 30-300 is most common but you can get a wide angle zoom too.

Shooting ProRes444 or Arriraw? Arriraw is more expensive.

Helicopter time in NY or Boston it's $2000/hr plus what the pilot charges.

Shipping the Cineflex via Air to where you are shooting.

The Cineflex package rental

Air mechanic to put the mount onto the airframe.

A Cineflex tech to install and calibrate the Gimbal.

Experienced DOP to operate.

DIT if needed.

How many days or hours you plan to work.

it adds up, if you want a better estimate i can put you in touch with the guys I work with.

In addition to part owning Cinelab I work on Aerial camera shoots regularly and mostly with the Cineflex, did a NYC Studio Feature shoot Tuesday night in fact.

-Rob-

Thanks Robert, you're definitely right. I think a technocrane from panavision / or hiring a drone is the best way to go from here.

Working with Cineflex cameras regularly sounds great, the images that coming from them are breath-taking!

Thank you for the detailed response.

Cheers,

Jordan Watson

• Site Sponsor

I love the helicopter...;-)

The Cineflex-Helicopter combo is a very specific rig which gets shots that are of incredible stability mixed with speed and the ability to follow fast moving action or to do orbits with a zoom and long telephoto which no other platform can do.

I worked on a feature last year with the Cineflex on a A-Star following a car and there was a crew with a drone (Cinestar with a GH3) that got some shots which I would call an extended crane shot, they basically climbed up a highway pole with a turn at the top reveal of the car on the highway. There is no way the drone could do with the Cineflex platform did and no way for a full sized jet helicopter to get into the teeny spot the drone worked in.

That sounds like so much fun! I would love to come down and have a look one time ; )

There is many different situations where the large aircraft suit 'x' project, and drones for 'y' project. The trouble is just finding the perfect balance...

I will check out your video!

• 9 years later...