Price for aeriel shot?

Jordan Watson

How long is a piece of string? It depends on the nature of the shot, the type of helicopter you're using and the camera mount system you're using, together with the local rates for helicopters and an experienced pilot. Plus the cost of positioning the helicopter for the shot.

Edited by Brian Drysdale

Thanks Brian for your reply, we were looking at the Cineflex Elite (Arri alexa Log C) in Sydney, Australia. I will discuss all this with my client and will go from there. Would it be faster/cheaper to hire a 30ft technocrane from Panavision to do the same shot?

Well I remember the 50' technocrane being marketed as a heli replacement as if it had broken some barrier in terms of shot ability. But the scale of complexity/wrangling involved compared even to a 30'...

Anyway, last I heard there was only the one in Europe.

It looks like you've got some budget here (or at least ambition). If it's real then why not approach your local grip shop, they'll know the local pilots also?

Thanks guys, I appreciate all your responses. It's a safety induction video for a construction engineering company that's being showed to over 1 Million employees per year. The story board requires lots of aerial shots / VFX etc so their budget is quite high. I'll contact Panavasion in Sydney (AU) to discuss this with them.

Cheers,

Jordan W

It's pretty much the class signifier of the millennium...

About 8AM or so in say Southern Cross station or Central up in Sydney, it's either hi-vis or a suit, nothing much in between but students and addicts. Anyway, sorry to drag this OT ;)