Canon 6.6-66mm T2.7 Super16 Zoom Lens

James Martin

Hi

Selling my S16 zoom lens. Was hoping to sell it as part of a kit with my SR3 (see other listing), but getting a lot of enquires about the lens on its own.

Very good condition, will be thoroughly checked by ARRI before sale. Comes with hard case, nothing else. 100% working. Ex-rental lens, so not cosmetically perfect.

This is a very recent S16 lens, much better than even the fabled 8-64 Canon. S16 zooms didn't get any better, by all accounts this is sharper than most S16 primes.

Price: £4,000 GBP + VAT for UK buyers. No VAT for EU or outside of EU buyers.

Will ship worldwide in the price.

James

• 2 weeks later...

hi there - am interested in your lens. can you tell me where you are located? i am in amsterdam. (ideally i would fly over and test out the lens.)

and what is your best price for the lens?

i have a canon 8-64 zoom that i use on my sony f5 in the centerscan mode. but it is unusably soft on the wider end.

i wanted to ask you how much better/sharper is the 6.6 zoom.

thanks a lot....

petr.

my email: petr@lomfilms.com

• Premium Member

i have a canon 8-64 zoom that i use on my sony f5 in the centerscan mode. but it is unusably soft on the wider end.

Softness at the wide end of a zoom is very commonly due to the lens back-focus needing callibration (or a back-focus error introduced by an adapter). 8-64s are not normally unusably soft. Should be a simple job for a lens technician.

But a 6.6-66 would be a very nice upgrade.