"Jersey Shore" effect

Hi again everybody.

So in this period I'm working on a film project based on various reality shows like Jersey Shore and Nanny 911 and stuff like that... to achieve that kind of cinematography I'm gonna use a steadycam to follow the actors and a stable camera on a tripod to imitate the "security cameras" around the house.

now here's my problem: those kind of cameras, the security cameras, have a really low resolution, lots of grain and high ISO and noise. I got a canon 700d and I'd like to know if it's possible to achieve that look by editing the camera settings or later on premiere pro... I even thought of changing the fps to 50...

any tip even the slightest would be incredibly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

• 4 weeks later...

Steadicam is definitely a good idea. You could imitate CCTV footage and use fishbowl lenses to get the convex look because even though CCTV footage isn't like that any more, low quality convex should still give instant recognition as CCTV. Try it in academy ratio as well, though that might not look good together with 1.77 footage. You could also have all the captions that go on CCTV footage in a pixel typeface.