What's happened to Blue Cine Tech???

RoryMcHenry

Still nothing I'm afraid Graham.

Yeah I feel the same way... I'm in no rush for my cartridges, but I'd like to know it had arrived and that I was going to get them back.

Anyone heard back lately?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a friend go round to the address that was registered for Blue Cine Tech. They spoke to Bart who informed him that my stuff will be sent out in the next few days, hopefully yours will be too Sam!

On a separate note. Does anyone know where Bart sends them to be developed and transferred? I have more film for the same project that needs processed and i'd like it to look the same.

Cheers.

...On a separate note. Does anyone know where Bart sends them to be developed and transferred? I have more film for the same project that needs processed and i'd like it to look the same.

Cheers.

Don't know about telecine, but in the past I understand they used Andec for processing.

• 2 weeks later...

That's good. Mine arrived yesterday too.

Maybe the lack of communication and all-out mystery was just an elaborate ploy to make us, and humanity in general, really excited about receiving something in the post again?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've had the all same issues with Blue Cine tech plus now I have finally received my film, it is NOT my film!

As my emails now bounce and no one answers the phone or returns messages, I thought it was worth putting it out there that I now have someone else's film (and hopefully you have mine).

So, CALLING OUT TO ANYONE WHO MISTAKENLY HAS A FILM CONTAINING TWO MEN PRANCING ABOUT IN COSTUMES AROUND THE COAST OF CORNWALL / UK, PLEASE CONTACT ME.

I presume I hopefully have your film which looks to me to be of a Roman Catholic procession concerning Mary, filmed somewhere in Portugal or Italy.

I'm happy to sort this out without Blue Cine Tech as I really need the film to complete a project, and it would be nice to do it before 2029.

Ross

Oh dear, the entrepreneur business analyst without a business himself.

More likely there are business of private issues.

This stacking up was never the scheme before.

He would better sell the films with an Andec processing coupon which would save on labour and gives users a faster turnaround. But indeed higher shipping costs per film (from UK)

Edited by Andries Molenaar

<snip>

He would better sell the films with an Andec processing coupon which would save on labour and gives users a faster turnaround. But indeed higher shipping costs per film (from UK)

It must be getting on 10 years ago since I had anything to do with Blue Cinetech, but that is precisely what they used to do: You'd buy the film from them 'process paid', which was shipped very promptly. When it arrived you found an Andec processing voucher included, so when the film was exposed you'd ship it directly to Andec yourself with the vouncher. They would then process according to their normal weekly schedules and post it back to you.

Depending exactly what day you posted the film off and whether or not it arrived in time at Andec, you might get the developed film returned within 7 days, else it might be within 14 days.

• 2 months later...

Hi to all!

I have a massive problem with BlueCineTech these days! Any help/advise would be very welcome..

I ve been buying stock from him for years now.. some delays here and there and some flaws in the communication but overall ok since it was always super8 things and not always really urgent/important.

I sent him 3 rolls (2 Vision3, 1 TriX) to process around May-June …. He delayed a lot so i sent him an email letting him know that I'm about to move to another country so in the case he hasn't shipped yet he should ship to my new address… He received that email all right, but no reply..

long story short we´re in October and my 3 rolls of super8 have just disappeared. I still have some people checking out my old address so there s no way film s been delivered there.

All emails to him bounce back, phone doesn't work etc….

Anyone in the group has an idea of alternative ways of contacting him or who i should speak to in London to take legal action?

Thank you very much

All emails to him bounce back, phone doesn't work etc….

Anyone in the group has an idea of alternative ways of contacting him or who i should speak to in London to take legal action?

Thank you very much

Have you just tried phoning? Or go to the shop?

from their website: 07971 069263

from google: 020-3016- 2039

Edited by Simon Lucas

Have you just tried phoning? Or go to the shop?

from their website: 07971 069263

from google: 020-3016- 2039

He doesn't have a shop. I had to send a friend round to enquire about my films and it looks like he's just a middle man working from home. His emails bounce, the mobile number doesn't get answered and the land line goes to some random persons house.

You pay via Paypal on his website. I'd open a dispute through them and hope that he gets in touch. Don't close the dispute until you either get your film or money back.

I used ANDEC for my last batch and they were fast, efficient, and had great communication.

Good luck, when this happened to me it was really stressful.

I Eventually got through to them once i messaged them on ebay and then I got a reply back through normal email and that was in September. They said they were having some equipment issues and that was why it was taking so long. So I think they're still going they just take ages to reply. In the end I did get the film back so all was fine it just took ages, hope this helps.

Hi George, when you say ¨normal email¨ maybe I'm lucky & you mean some email address other than their @bluecinetech.co.uk ? If so, could you possibly send me that email address? it could be a lifesaver! Thanks

He doesn't have a shop. I had to send a friend round to enquire about my films and it looks like he's just a middle man working from home. His emails bounce, the mobile number doesn't get answered and the land line goes to some random persons house.

You pay via Paypal on his website. I'd open a dispute through them and hope that he gets in touch. Don't close the dispute until you either get your film or money back.

I used ANDEC for my last batch and they were fast, efficient, and had great communication.

Good luck, when this happened to me it was really stressful.

yeah of course I've tried calling and Graham is right, none of the numbers works …

I guess you re right, i have to go through paypal and hope for the best

thanks guys!