What's happened to Blue Cine Tech???

RoryMcHenry

yeah of course I've tried calling and Graham is right, none of the numbers works …

I guess you re right, i have to go through paypal and hope for the best

thanks guys!

Paypal are very good at disputes. Obviously you want to get your films back, but I think he'll sit up and take notice, once you open a dispute.

Edited by Simon Lucas

I say it again, in Europe the right choice is to develop ANDEC or Super8 Reversal Lab, in the Netherlands, if it is reversible.

I've used Super8 in NL, but there is a new one in the UK called Guage Films, set up by a young couple in Dudley. They sell, develop, scan and run workshops. I'd like to try them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Many thanks to everybody , your advice has been very helpful.

I thought maybe its a good idea to comment here on the current status of my situation with Bart.

A few days after my post here , he replied my emai saying that he had been really unwell and , if I'm not mistaken, hospitalised .

He said he remembered my reels and that i haven't lost them and he that i should have them in 2-3 weeks.

That was on October 7th 2015.

Needless to say i haven't received my reels yet.

Also his mail has gotten back to its previous status.. mails bounce back etc.

2 of the reels were surfing action inserts that i had to use for a small commercial..

I had to apologise to my client, go out and plan another shooting day , costs on me of course, and most likely i won't be getting any more gigs from this client.

The third reel was footage of my newborn daughter . I guess there is no need to explain the sentimental value of that reel.

I know its not a good thing to kick a man when he s down and i can understand that falling ill can cause delays etc . At the end of the day i knew i wasn't contacting a massive business that is not depending on one person to come through but , well , to put it as nice as humanly possible it is the most unprofessional behaviour i have ever encountered in the film emulsion world .

If anybody has figured out a way to contact him or his family to try and recover my reels i would be more than thankful!

Thanks guys!

Did you try opening a Paypal Dispute?

This was the only way i got a reponse from him. Then when the film didn't appear (again) as promised, i sent a friend round to his house to find out what the problem was.

They appeared soon after that.

The time open for starting a dispute in Paypal is limited to some weeks. Not months or years.

Very brave to send friends to the house of people who are obviously stricken with bad luck and illness.

See how bravely you would accept and find normal to advertise such behaviour when inflicted onto your parents or yourself.

Just to be clear, I didn't send anyone round in a threatening manner, far from it. He advertised a service, I paid for that service, then never received my film and transfers. I had contact prior to me purchasing the service, but nothing after. So after 3 months of no contact or replies, my friend went to the location on his website, which I originally assumed would've been a store front. But after a little Google research it turned out to be a home address. At that point all I wanted was my film back, as I'm sure everyone who's been in the same situation would feel the same. He then told my friend he'd have it ready for me the next week. It then took a further 3 weeks to arrive.

There was no mention on illness or family problems, which I understand can cause problems and is sad. But if this is the case, you should not accept payments for a service that you can't provide.

The time open for starting a dispute in Paypal is limited to some weeks. Not months or years.

Very brave to send friends to the house of people who are obviously stricken with bad luck and illness.

See how bravely you would accept and find normal to advertise such behaviour when inflicted onto your parents or yourself.

Very unprofessional not to return phone call or reply to emails. If unable, have someone else take care of replying to the inquiry.

well as Andries says its been a loooong time since my Paypal payment so opening a dispute is not an option.

Then as Graham and JD mention it is very unprofessional to not reply and simply disappear . Im afraid but even in the worst of cases the right thing to do would be to have some friend or family arrange these kind of situations.

If i had a person with the possibility of going around his place i would do that without a thought. Nobody s talking of going around scaring people of course, just ringing a doorbell and asking politely for a solution, even helping out by recovering the reels yourself. I really don't see something bad with that. (ill take the chance and mention that if anybody from the group lives close by and can do that for me , they can bet the next couple of rounds in the pub are on me! :) )

• 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/20/2020 at 3:40 AM, Jonny Porter said:

I'm curious as to what happened in the end with all this. I happened to be on another Super 8 website and Blue Cine Tech was listed as a UK processing source but the website is for something completely different.

In UK you now have Gauge film. Even with machines and such.
And considering brexit no worries about duties ?
He can use the business as he has anounced to not take any film from the continent due to customs complications in receiving and returning.

• 2 years later...