Turbo Start - Planning my next move

Reggie Miller

Would it be a good Idea to pull out my student loans to buy the new red scarlet dragon?

Currently I'm in my 4th of year of college( it's going to take me 5 years to graduate). I go to a small school in Missouri with 12,000 students and the film department at the school has been weak and disappointing thus far. So almost everything I know about film making and cinematography has been stuff I've had to learn on my own

I started cinematography last year and I'm still learning lots of new things about filming/ color grading weekly. 8 months ago I was shooting all my videos on a gopro, then I decided that I need to upgrade my gear if I want to seriously pursue cinematography so I bought a Blackmagic Cinema Camera. Now I want to upgrade my gear again but this time I am going for the best. So I decided to save up and get the Red Dragon Scarlet.

I have the great fortune of having College completely paid for. I am really good at track and field so my athletic scholarship pays all my fees and covers my costs of living. So my plan is to just pull out all my student loans for 2 years so I can get a Red Dragon.

Personally I don't like having anything hold me back in life. My mindset from playing sports so long has made me become obsessed with the things I do. For the past 3 years I've been able to jump higher and further than everyone in the state of Missouri and I get mad if anybody beats me or get close. I want to aim to be the best at cinematography also. I get angry and frustrated when things are not perfect or close to perfection on video.

Ultimately I want to know if this would be a good way to turbo start and give me a great beginning to a life and journey of being a cinematographer?

The last video I shot: