Shooting Daylight Without a CTB gel on RedHeads

Young Pizzy

Greetings All

Pls I'm working on a Shortfilm and I'm thinking of how I'm going to light a room scene during the day to match up with daylight coming from windows with Redhead Tungstens without a CTB gel.

On my own I was thinking of:

1. Bouncing the Tungsten to a white surface.

2. Position my lights and tweak the color temperature on the camera.

Pls ur suggestions and thoughts will be appreciated.

it will never match daylight....the lights will look organge so you can play it like its coming from lamps or it can be a stylistic choice but know that it will never look "normal" you will have to create a stylized look and bouncing a light off of white will not effect the color temperature.

also generally a redhead is not near bright enough to match daylight so your backround will likley be overexposed still.

• Premium Member

If you can't correct them, you're better to key with the tungsten lights and balance your camera to 3200k. Just let the windows blow out to blue, it'll look more natural than having your interior overly orange.

• Premium Member

It won't match daylight without correction gel unless you bounce it off of a blue card. Or you can gel the window to match tungsten, but that's even more gel.

Adjusting the camera settings doesn't do anything about a mismatch between two colors in the same frame.

Bouncing a light off of a white surface does not change its color.