Dolly Accident...Caught on Video!

Karl Lee

I got 'operator' training on the Techno Dolly at the Super Techno factory in Pilzn, CZ ...

Got the t-shirt, the handshake from Martin and Jan etc.

The counterweights weren't mentioned - they were considered someone else's job presumably, or too basic for training - I don't know? But keep in mind I was distinguished as an operator, i.e. I programmed the thing moving - potential disconnect between the person who balanced the crane and the person who commands it later in the day.

They seemed confident with me trying to find out how I could make it fail - it had the bogey type casters that someone mentioned earlier - so perhaps no tips, but I reckon I could probably make the whole track and unit slide along the ground and slip on it's wedges after a hard stop.

Anyhoo, since then I've relocated into a city without one :rolleyes:

In the Duojib manual the photo looks like the jib arm is equal length both sides. If so then starting from a balanced, unloaded arm, the added balance loads will equal the added loads on the camera end. So weighing or knowing the weight of the cam op, focus puller and camera gives the required balancing load.