Lighting/ Processing/Set Dressing - DOBW

Hello, I am trying to sort through what was done to get the blinds to be green while the light through the window is blue. Where does the green come from? Is it light? Or something else.

post-15415-0-11546100-1414859766_thumb.jpg

When I see this my instinct is believe that maybe a light with CTB is outside, and the window shades are actually green, but the blinds are the same color as the string, which suggest that something else might be going on.

post-15415-0-15731000-1414860136_thumb.jpg

So looking at this image that has been timed differently or is behind the scenes, it appears to be a rather typical lighting setups going on.

post-15415-0-32290300-1414860726_thumb.jpg

Here is the actual scene. It appears that there is a different light in the corner of the room, lighting the wall. Maybe it is slightly CTO and then the film processing make yellow things appear green??

If that is the case, does that man that the blinds from the first picture are actually yellow? With CTB gelled light shining through the windows. And some type of process makes the films yellows turn green?

post-15415-0-11834500-1414860733_thumb.jpg

My hypothesis is based o this picture of a table light that is green.

What does everyone else think? I have more experience with lighting than post production, and film developing.

• Premium Member

The blinds and wall might be a pale green but there is also a dim soft top light that is green in the first shot, with blue light coming through the window. The underexposure is also enhancing the color (i.e. colored light needs to be exposed down to keep its saturation.)