Kern-Vario Switar 12.5-100 F/2 PTL Version

Hi mates, i have a Kern-Vario Switar 12.5-100 f2 PTL with Auto zoom and exposure, i need to know that is it possible to use this lens manually on a dslr.? by mounting.? and also i need some instruction manual for this lens, the aperture seems to be weird, 2 blades, and also not moving, as i dont have the battery inside the lens, so kindly someone guide me some basics about this lens and also if there is some proper manual then it will e a great help.

Thanks

If it's a C-mount, the flange focal depth is 17.526mm., far too short for a DSLR, most of which are around 44-46mm., and as it's meant for 16mm. film it won't cover the frame either.

Thanks Mark for your reply, please check the image, my lens has a mount like this, and i am not sure which mount is this, 02122013pic462.jpg

But the lens which i have is the auto version, which takes batteries to operate, and has a weird square aperture, which i think will never work without inserting the batteries in the lens. as its not like the one in the picture above. so is there any possibility to still use this auto lens with mirrorless cameras.? and to control the aperture manually, but again its a square aperture, not he round standard aperture like other lenses.

It's a Bolex bayonet. You originally said DLSR, not mirrorless, so it might be possible. Look up the FFD. There ought to be a manual aprtture setting,

But I very much doubt it will cover the sensor, which is nearer to 35mm. Academy than 16mm.

Edited by Mark Dunn