Alternative to Tetenal E-6 kit

• Premium Member

you can at least order it from Germany if it's not overly expensive to ship to Mexico (it very well may be :unsure: )

maybe it would be practical if you need multiple kits or could share the shipping costs with other persons in your area who also need Tetenal

Hi,

Right now there's the Tetenal kit and the Fuji Hunt kit. Tetenal is a 3-bath system, and Fuji Hunt is the full E6 process. There should be no noticable difference as long as the chemicals are fresh. Tetenal might be a bit contrastier, just a bit, but that's difficult to judge without proper testing.

Frankly, I'm loosing hope to process my own colour reversal. Negative seems to be ok but it is said the Vision 3 stock is not very good accepting C-41 chemistry after remjet removal. So I'm not going through that door.

Apug only has a bunch of articles and posts about the Tetenal kit.

I think the reason for not shipping over here are air safety regulations. So I guess it will be the same from Europe and the States.

Who knows? I really can't do much.

• Premium Member

Have you asked different shipping options, I think at least the parcel services like ups could handle chemicals shipment. In europe they also use these services for developing chemicals (for examle wittner uses ups but I don't know if its ground ups or air cargo).

Are you developing stills or motion footage, if you order for example 5 or 10 kits I'm sure they will arrange shipping for you :)

Antonio,

I'm not sure what seems to be the problem here? Is there some kind of ban on importing chemicals in Mexico?

http://www.kullphoto.com/fujihuntchemicals.htm

I think this is from US.

I'm sure if you google you'll find other places in US where you can find Fuji chemicals.

Also try ebay, but make sure they are unopened.

But, really, what's your problem with Tetenal? It works just fine, and it's more simple to do.

Antonio,

I'm not sure what seems to be the problem here? Is there some kind of ban on importing chemicals in Mexico?

http://www.kullphoto.com/fujihuntchemicals.htm

I think this is from US.

I'm sure if you google you'll find other places in US where you can find Fuji chemicals.

Also try ebay, but make sure they are unopened.

But, really, what's your problem with Tetenal? It works just fine, and it's more simple to do.

This is my problem with Freestyle:

NOTE: This item is classified as ORM-D. Due to shipping regulations these items can only be shipped via Ground in the Continental United States. ORM-D items cannot be shipped to PO boxes. ORM-D items are non-returnable.

No,I don't have a problem with Tetenal, au contraire! It is a straightforward. The problem is its availability! And Fuji is way too expensive for the amount I plan to process.

Looks like they are hazardous enough to fall foul of US regulations. Perhaps you can get them from another country.

There doesn't seem to be a restriction from the UK other than a 1L single package limit outside the EU. But the shipping would cost more than the product.

Edited by Mark Dunn

This is my problem with Freestyle:

NOTE: This item is classified as ORM-D. Due to shipping regulations these items can only be shipped via Ground in the Continental United States. ORM-D items cannot be shipped to PO boxes. ORM-D items are non-returnable.

No,I don't have a problem with Tetenal, au contraire! It is a straightforward. The problem is its availability! And Fuji is way too expensive for the amount I plan to process.

I looked up ORM-D, and while the US Mail is limited to ground transport, Fed-Ex and UPS may not. Don't know if they would do 'international' transport to Mexico, but they may transport some ORM-D items by air to Alaska and Hawai`i.

Where's NAFTA when you need it...

Edited by John E Clark

I know I bag on about it but...

On APUG we used to arrange bulk purchases and share shipping costs across many users to NZ (even worse than mexico I can imagine)

Well, I'm flying solo over here, Chris! All expenses are on me!

I looked up ORM-D, and while the US Mail is limited to ground transport, Fed-Ex and UPS may not. Don't know if they would do 'international' transport to Mexico, but they may transport some ORM-D items by air to Alaska and Hawai`i.

Where's NAFTA when you need it...

Exactly, John! Where is it!?

You're not seeing the picture I'm painting huh?

'We' arranged the 'we' at APUG, in fact I only met one of the others in person...

It was a collaboration that had its inception purely online, started with a post similar to yours.

Edited by Chris Millar

• 2 weeks later...