To all cinematographers and film makers

Ben Matthews

The locker is a brilliant idea. Does any rental house currently have something like that? As a really low-budget filmmaker, renting is often not an alternative because I'd have to take days off work for pick-up/return for weekend shoots.

Hello Ben,

It all depends on what future clientele you aim at.. The occonnor heads with ronford legs is a sure thing, I would also consider at a long zoom. (alura 45-250?)

Also try and find some old super speeds so yo can also serve a smaller budget (but also some DP's like those)

For documentary films the F 55 might be popular with some lighter zooms and smaller tripods (miller or Sachtler 100 mm bowl)

Maybe a RED ? (with a ronin)

And accesories easyrig, filters, monitors extra batteries stuff like that...

I think service and helping to make a production possible is whats being appreciated most in rental companies...

anyway good luck

First question you need to ask yourself - How are you different than other rental companies?

Do you have an USP (Unique selling proposition)?

If DPs or producers are used to dealing with existing rental agencies and have built up relationships, why will someone come to you?

The idea isn't mine. Video MTL in Montreal has lockers. Many other rental companies also do. Call your local one and ask!

Thanks for you're reply,

The locker system does seam like a popular idea. Have you used one before? Or know how it works?

Thanks