Eyemo with PV mount

Robert Beh

Hi everyone,

I got hold of a B&H 35mm eyemo with a PV mount. I'm extremely new to filming in 35mm and have never had the opportunity to work with Panavision lenses so please forgive me for my basic questions. Since I'm only trying to gain experience with filming, I really don't have a need to shoot with PV lenses. I'd rather just use something more readily accessible for the time being. Is there an adapter out there that will allow me to use non-PV lenses on this camera? I've tried looking, but all I seem to find are adapters that allow you to use PV lens on an arri mount... I've also seen some that allow you to attach a PV to an EOS... but I haven't found an adapter allowing you to use a non-pv lens on a camera with a PV mount.

If there is no such adapter available, is there any possibility of replacing the PV mount on the camera with something else? Or is that going to be the job of a technician? Sorry for all the basic questions. I've tried to do research online about all this, but aside from reading previous threads I haven't had much luck in getting my questions answered.

Thanks!